Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cute Sayings For 3rd Birthday Invitations

dolphins!

So for all those interested, I am well received on the South Island and I think actually in Kaikoura.

On Thursday I have one of the biggest highlights of my New Zealand travel experience: swimming with dolphins!
was rude to get up early (at five o Clock in the morning, the Dolphin Encounter station go, "hatch" in a sexy Taucheranzung, Briefing and then mitm boat out to sea), much more strenuous than swimming thought (snorkel / in the ocean with decent swell is holding but what else but at home in the pool / in shallow water), but above all it was unbelievable, absolutely and totally awesome!
2 boats, each with 15 willing swimmers go out there, find a school dolphin ((look, whoever has watch earlier in the foreign word for dolphin charm! * G *)) chug, ran right and then the swimmers are allowed behind the boat into the water and try to rise a few feet with the love marine mammals - Dusky Dolphins to be exact - mitzuschwimmen.


And I'm not talking here of 5-10 Dolphins to which we must fight (which I also could ever admire in Bay of Islands, as some 60 tourists have literally felled by 2 dolphins), but by a group of about 100-150 dolphins!
The dolphins are completely free and tolerate wild, the few stupid tourists in their midst, but quite readily -. If they also show nuur at best mediocre interest in them as romantic, playful swimming will therefore always depicted with dolphins in movies like - with caress, hold on to the dorsal fin and a few feet can go along, to a playful dolphins jump over your head etc - the reality is slightly different. The fact is contrary to the water surface to swim in the general direction of the dolphins, while keeping his head under water and look to themselves. During the briefing we were told that one of the best chances for a dolphin is interested in it and give fiepende squeaking noises - which I believe is having a gag reflex-inducing great snorkel in your mouth already a Kunststueck for itself. Furthermore, it is then as possible not to hyperventilate when you look across dip the first couple of dolphins among themselves, in combination with the unusual snorkel breathing and exertion of swimming in tight suit in the swell pretty bad for the oxygen supply to the brain. (Yes, may well be that that's happened to me about 1 to 4 times ... )
But it's sooooooooo great!
Our boat has given us a total of 7 cases disposed of in the middle of the group of dolphins and in the end I had to some extent the bow out, too. I've even managed a whole 3 times a (once even two!) Interested in dolphin for me shabby little man in the water, whereupon he began to circle around me - as I have of course the same (as it is also recommended) and have played mitgekreist . Very very great feeling to be so "play" with a wild dolphin, even if it's tiring and is dizzy.

'm sooo happy that I won through to this number on tourist join in!
Some photos are already on my Flickr account (please just follow the link "My Pictures" links follow below) - underwater camera I had any, would have nothing to be related, I think, because these critters are already pretty fast and I breathe with and swim and look even more than was busy.


Other News:
since yesterday I have a job for a few weeks here in Kaikoura, which is quite good for my travel budget. I work full-time in a Bakery, which is to my benefit directly opposite the hostel where I live - and I must say in the morning only to tread the road and I'm there. Also, I'm down to the first layer of the 9-17h, I need not say how low real baker at 5am to get up in the morning. The only drawback is that it is this institution just a Bakery, not a German bakery. Is to say: bread with real bite, real or rolls are again non-existent. There is also the only glorified toast sprinkled, available in dark or with a few seeds, which it may then scold whole grains. This is admittedly a vast array of delicious-looking sandwiches, paninis, pies, croissants and of course, sweeter and local vending. Colleagues are very nice, so I seem to have once again caught well.
So now I'm around for the next 4 weeks here and make stationary very slow Plans how to proceed dananch.


And: anyone noticed? A half weeks ago there were exactly 9 (!) Months since that I'm out! As with the last "Milestones" for the occasion and put the question: does anyone miss me? Are there still people who read this blog? Are there outside of New Zealand on a world still (- from New Zealand's newspapers can not, unfortunately, term fit, world news, it seems to be almost no ...,-P)? Let's hear what

of you, if you like - even if it's just jealousy expressions are whether my dolphin adventure.
Love, Steph



0 comments:

Post a Comment